Five basic principles of plunger pump selection
As an important device in large machinery, the plunger pump plays an irreplaceable role. Of course, its selection and use must not be taken lightly. Understanding the principle of plunger pump selection is the basis, and then choose the appropriate model according to the work needs to ensure high efficiency. What is the specific selection principle? Let's talk with the plunger pump manufacturer:
1. Make the type and performance of the selected plunger pump meet the requirements of the process parameters such as device flow, head, pressure, temperature, cavitation flow and suction.
2. Must meet the requirements of medium characteristics.
Reliable shaft seals or non-leakage pumps are required for plunger pumps that transport flammable, explosive, toxic or precious media. Such as magnetic drive pump, diaphragm pump, canned pump
Corrosion-resistant materials are required for convection parts, and for pumps that transport corrosive media. Such as AFB stainless steel corrosion-resistant pump, CQF engineering plastic magnetic drive pump.
It is required that the convection parts use wear-resistant materials, and the pump conveys solid particle-containing media. If necessary, the shaft seal should be flushed with clean liquid.
3. High mechanical reliability, low noise and low vibration.
4. Economically, the total cost of equipment fee, operation fee, maintenance fee and management fee should be considered comprehensively.
5. The centrifugal pump has the characteristics of high speed, small volume, light weight, high efficiency, large flow rate, simple structure, no pulsation of infusion, stable performance, easy operation and convenient maintenance.
Centrifugal pumps should be used whenever possible: therefore except for the following.
Use a metering pump. a When there are measurement requirements.
When the flow rate is small and there is no suitable small flow high-lift centrifugal pump, b-lift requirements are very high. Reciprocating pumps can be selected, and vortex pumps can also be used if the cavitation requirements are not high.
When the flow rate is very large, c head is very low. Axial flow pump and mixed flow pump can be used.
Can consider the use of rotor pumps or reciprocating pumps (gear pumps, screw pumps) d medium viscosity is greater (greater than 650 ~ 1000mm2 /.
Scroll pump can be used. When the gas content of e medium is 75%, the flow rate is small and the viscosity is less than 37.4mm2 /.
The pump with self-priming performance should be selected. F is the place where the starting is frequent or the pump is inconvenient. Such as self-priming centrifugal pump, self-priming vortex pump, pneumatic (electric) diaphragm pump.
2020-05-06 15:50:01Solutions for lack of oil displacement of axial piston pump
2020-05-06 16:24:22Inventory performance characteristics of axial piston pump